Julie Rofman is one of our most beloved designers. We have admired her since day one, not only because her pieces are wearable works of art but the process behind the making of the jewelry is nothing but inspirational.
Julie Rofman's Jewelry
- Julie's jewelry is inspired from her background as a painter and sculptor
- She combines the traditional art of bead looming with current color combinations and geometric patterns with a mixture of matte, translucent, opaque and shiny glass beads
- These high-end glass beads are solely created in Japan
- Her bracelet's are completely woven by hand on a small bead loom that takes anywhere from 15-20 hours to make, making each bracelet limited edition due to this process
- The bracelets are made by artisans in Guatamala – giving the artisans an opportunity to work and be at home with their children. Once the looming is done it is then sent to Julie to add the finally touches aka the clasp!
(hint...these are an amazing way to add colour for summer)
(hint hint...we also think they make for the sweetest bff bracelets too!)
Which of her pieces is your favourite? xo